The rules governing the granting of Residence Permit for Investment (ARI / Golden Visa), in force under Law n.º 29/2012, 09/08, enable third country nationals to obtain a residence permit to conduct business activities or invest in Portugal. May apply for a Residence Permit for Investment/Golden Visa, by one of the following routes:
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1 million Euros;
- The creation of, at least, 10 job positions;
- The purchase of real estate property with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros;
- The purchase of real estate property, with construction dating back more than 30 years or located in urban regeneration areas, for refurbishing, for a total value equal to or above 350 thousand Euros;
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 350 thousand Euros for investing in research activities;
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 250 thousand Euros for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts;
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros, for purchasing shares in investment funds or in venture capital geared.
The beneficiaries of ARI / Golden Visa are entitled to:
- Living and working in Portugal,
- Visa exemption for travelling within the Schengen Area;
- Family reunification;
- Applying for Portuguese citizenship, by naturalization, after 6 years of legal residence.
Please visit our contact page for further information.